Cribbage GD (cribbage)

Message Forum

• Possible Rule Changes View
      by BonziPogo on February 6, 2023 at 08:06:15 PST

Good morning,

We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

Best regards,

BonziPogo, Op Manager
    Case's Ladder

• Re: Possible Rule Changes View
        by beajay60 on February 6, 2023 at 18:34:12 PST

: Good morning,

: We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

: 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

: If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

: Best regards,

: BonziPogo, Op Manager
      : Case's Ladder
      Firstly, I am one that feels the rules do not need to change (what isn't broke - don't fix it) I have seen comments that there are 1000 folks in the room, not sure where that has come from. I have been in the room since the mid 90's and yes, there was a few hundred of us, but never did i see a thousand. Unfortunately during my time in this room , i have had many friends pass on. I understand that if folks were a gold member or possibly platinum as well, their names are there to stay on our "members" list. The younger generation have their "i pads, tablets, cell phones etc., they are not interested in now "old fashion games like crib" lol Lets leave the rules the way they are

by SecondHandLo on February 6, 2023 at 09:17:06 PST

: We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

by SecondHandLo on February 6, 2023 at 09:08:58 PST

by SecondHandLo on February 6, 2023 at 09:16:48 PST

: : Good morning,

: : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

: : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

: : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

: : Best regards,

: : BonziPogo, Op Manager
        : : Case's Ladder

I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.

So I for one really see no gain from these rule changes

by lighthouse1 on February 6, 2023 at 12:54:07 PST

: : : Good morning,

: : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

: : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

: : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

: : : Best regards,

: : : BonziPogo, Op Manager
          : : : Case's Ladder

: I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.

: So I for one really see no gain from these rule changes

by lighthouse1 on February 6, 2023 at 12:58:40 PST

: : : : Good morning,

: : : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: : : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

: : : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

: : : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

: : : : Best regards,

: : : : BonziPogo, Op Manager
            : : : : Case's Ladder

: : I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.

: : So I for one really see no gain from these rule changes

I am in complete agreement with SecondHandLo here..sometimes you play a game that most of you call a "zoner" which is annoying for both players...so if it's a best of 3 one or two ya probably throw away....if it's best of 5 you are not so often cheated by those one off or two off "zoners"

As far as playing twice a day (or more)
            How did that work out for ya in RC ?
            I say keep it the same.

by coopnf on February 6, 2023 at 13:42:07 PST

: : : : Good morning,: : : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.: : : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".: : : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.: : : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.: : : : Best regards,: : : : BonziPogo, Op Manager: : : : Case's Ladder: : I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.: : So I for one really see no gain from these rule changesI am in complete agreement with SecondHandLo here..sometimes you play a game that most of you call a "zoner" which is annoying for both players...so if it's a best of 3 one or two ya probably throw away....if it's best of 5 you are not so often cheated by those one off or two off "zoners"As far as playing twice a day (or more)How did that work out for ya in RC ?I say keep it the same.
              With 1000 players on this site and only 12 active, in my opinion this site is a failure and needs change.

by SecondHandLo on February 6, 2023 at 14:12:09 PST

: : : : : Good morning,: : : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.: : : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".: : : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.: : : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.: : : : Best regards,: : : : BonziPogo, Op Manager: : : : Case's Ladder: : I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.: : So I for one really see no gain from these rule changesI am in complete agreement with SecondHandLo here..sometimes you play a game that most of you call a "zoner" which is annoying for both players...so if it's a best of 3 one or two ya probably throw away....if it's best of 5 you are not so often cheated by those one off or two off "zoners"As far as playing twice a day (or more)How did that work out for ya in RC ?I say keep it the same.
                : With 1000 players on this site and only 12 active, in my opinion this site is a failure and needs change.

1000 players?? Where do you get that figure? Just because all those are listed as I understand they are on because if you are Gold or Platinum they will never be purged from the list. I would be willing to bet most likely about 90% of the list are deceased.

You just have to face the fact that many card games are not near as popular as they used to be, and there are too many other options for peoples time

by lighthouse1 on February 6, 2023 at 12:54:05 PST

: : : Good morning,

: : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

: : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

: : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

: : : Best regards,

: : : BonziPogo, Op Manager
          : : : Case's Ladder

: I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.

: So I for one really see no gain from these rule changes

by lighthouse1 on February 6, 2023 at 12:58:40 PST

: : : : Good morning,

: : : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.

: : : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".

: : : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.

: : : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.

: : : : Best regards,

: : : : BonziPogo, Op Manager
            : : : : Case's Ladder

: : I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.

: : So I for one really see no gain from these rule changes

I am in complete agreement with SecondHandLo here..sometimes you play a game that most of you call a "zoner" which is annoying for both players...so if it's a best of 3 one or two ya probably throw away....if it's best of 5 you are not so often cheated by those one off or two off "zoners"

As far as playing twice a day (or more)
            How did that work out for ya in RC ?
            I say keep it the same.

by coopnf on February 6, 2023 at 13:42:07 PST

: : : : Good morning,: : : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.: : : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".: : : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.: : : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.: : : : Best regards,: : : : BonziPogo, Op Manager: : : : Case's Ladder: : I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.: : So I for one really see no gain from these rule changesI am in complete agreement with SecondHandLo here..sometimes you play a game that most of you call a "zoner" which is annoying for both players...so if it's a best of 3 one or two ya probably throw away....if it's best of 5 you are not so often cheated by those one off or two off "zoners"As far as playing twice a day (or more)How did that work out for ya in RC ?I say keep it the same.
              With 1000 players on this site and only 12 active, in my opinion this site is a failure and needs change.

by SecondHandLo on February 6, 2023 at 14:12:09 PST

: : : : : Good morning,: : : : We have received a suggestion for a couple possible rule changes. I wanted to gauge how much interest there is on these, before putting them up for vote.: : : : 1. Make 1vs2 a "best of 3", instead of "best of 5".: : : : 2. Allow players to play twice per day, instead of once per day.: : : : If there's more than a few people interested, I'll see if we can get this put to a more formal vote.: : : : Best regards,: : : : BonziPogo, Op Manager: : : : Case's Ladder: : I am not sure what is gained by these changes. It appears to me someone comes in from a room that failed and wants to make changes that were similar. We all like to talk about how active these rooms used to be, but let’s face it cribbage players are aging and young people have many more options.: : So I for one really see no gain from these rule changesI am in complete agreement with SecondHandLo here..sometimes you play a game that most of you call a "zoner" which is annoying for both players...so if it's a best of 3 one or two ya probably throw away....if it's best of 5 you are not so often cheated by those one off or two off "zoners"As far as playing twice a day (or more)How did that work out for ya in RC ?I say keep it the same.
                : With 1000 players on this site and only 12 active, in my opinion this site is a failure and needs change.

1000 players?? Where do you get that figure? Just because all those are listed as I understand they are on because if you are Gold or Platinum they will never be purged from the list. I would be willing to bet most likely about 90% of the list are deceased.

You just have to face the fact that many card games are not near as popular as they used to be, and there are too many other options for peoples time

Tournament Time EDT
Gaming Safari
Now playing at Gaming Safari
League Admins
League Tips
The Hall of Fame is updated once per day, so it could take up to 24 hours to see your name in lights if you have recently achieved Hall of Fame status.
LadderBux Redemptions
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Linked Hearts Charm (65000)

Over $4,790,850.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!