MyLeague has one of the simplest ranking systems ever used for competitive play. The concept was adopted from the ranking system used on the official Case's Ladders. We call it a "Ladder" because each member holds a unique rank or "rung" that represents their standing among other members. The highest-ranked member holds the #1 Ladder position; for example, someone ranked #2 is ranked below the #1 member. The goal is to "climb" the Ladder all the way to the top!
- When you first join, you are placed in an "Unranked" category on the League.
- You become "Ranked" after winning your first League match. (Unranked members may play each other, and the winner becomes ranked at the bottom of the League.)
When you defeat a higher-ranked member, you move up in rank
50% the distance between their rank and
- Example: If you are ranked #50 and you beat the #1 ranked member, then your new rank would be 25.
Your rank on the League does not go down if you lose a match
unless your opponent is ranked DIRECTLY below you.
- Example: If you are ranked #5 and the #6 ranked member defeats you, then your new rank would be #6.
When members ranked below you are victorious against members
ranked above you, it's possible the member will jump over you in
rank and you will move down one rung. This depends on the ranks
- Example(per 50% rank gain): You are currently ranked #7. If the #10 ranked member defeats the #1 ranked member, then #10 will advance to the #5 rung and you will fall to the #8 rung.
- If your League name is deemed offensive or contains profanity, your account may be removed.
- If your League name is deemed abusive towards another member, your account may be removed.
- You can edit your League name by using the 'My Account' tab and choosing the 'Edit Username' option. If you have problems changing your League name, please use the 'Contact Admin' link, located on the 'Support' tab.
- Your E-mail address must be kept current at all times, in case you need to be contacted. You can use the 'Edit E-mail Address' link on the 'My Account' tab to edit your E-mail address.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
- You are not permitted to share your password with anyone for any reason.
- In order to keep the League as dynamic as possible, your account will be automatically deleted if you are inactive for 255 days. However, one of the features of our Premium Membership Program is never being deleted for inactivity. Information regarding our Premium Membership Program can be found here.
- Only one account is allowed per person. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- It is forbidden for more than one person to use or share the same account.
- Multiple accounts from the same location will be investigated and possibly removed.
Note: Please consult the Admin staff regarding whether or not League challenges are permitted for this League.
A challenge is defined as a request for a match with a higher-ranked member. Whether you are the challenger or the one being challenged, there are some rules that must be followed. Violating these rules may result in penalties. If you notice anyone violating these rules, please contact the Admin staff.
- The best way to find League matches is to announce in chat that you are looking for a League match so that other members will know you are interested in League-play. You can also directly challenge a specific member in chat.
- Most Leagues permit the use of Formal Challenges. A complete overview of the Formal Challenge system can be found here.
1 time(s) Per Day
- You may play the same member 1 time(s) per day. However, you may play as many different members as you would like on any given day. A "MyLeague" day begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- We recommend you ensure a potential opponent is also a member of the League before starting your match. You can do this very easily by searching for your opponent using the 'Search for Players' tool.
Playing a Match
Once you are ready to start playing a League match, there are some guidelines governing game play that you should keep in mind.
- You are not allowed to report losses to another member that also plays from the same computer as you. Our security software will detect this activity if it is attempted, and participating accounts may be penalized or removed.
- The same rules that apply to behavior in chat (covered in a later section) also apply during matches.
Reporting the Match
Once your match is completed, the loser of the match is responsible for reporting the loss immediately. You can report your matches using the 'Report Loss' button located on the 'Standings' tab. Please note the 'Report Loss' link should only be used for League matches and not for tournament matches; you should consult the TD with any questions regarding reporting tournament matches. If you have any problems reporting a loss, you should contact the Admin staff and request assistance.
Reporting the Loss
- In one-on-one matches, the loser of the match reports the loss to the winner.
- In partner matches, each member of the losing team reports a loss to both partners of the winning team. At the end of the match, you would either gain two wins or report two losses.
- In "free for all" matches (matches in which multiple opponents are competing against each other without partners), each loser of the match must report a loss to one overall winner.
- When playing matches with more than one opponent, it is important for losses to be reported in the proper order if rank will be affected by the order of report. You must report to the better-ranked opponent first in those cases. It is your responsibility to make sure you report in the correct order when necessary. Not doing so may result in penalty.
- If your opponent does not report their loss within one hour after completing the match or prior to starting another match, you should click on the "Contact Admin" link and then use the "Unreported Match" form.
The rules for a Tournament are determined by the Tournament Director hosting the event. You will find a summary of each individual Tournament, including a Rules page, if you follow the link for that specific Tournament.
Critters Playground is a multi game league.
We hope you enjoy your games in Critters PLAYGROUND.
Please read these rules carefully,
the objective is to make this fun and fair for all..
Critters Playground is a fun loving league and we are family oriented,
so we want to let you know up front
what we will and will not tolerate
while playing tours and ladder games.
While you may not agree with the rules or the penalties,
failure to adhere to the rules can and will result in
suspension time or banning from league play
Please check calendars and register for tours before time to start tour
Also be in room and ready to play on TIME PLEASE!!
Lateness holds up tours, then players are unhappy waiting.
Tours will be closed by 5mins after start time, no later , unless it is a partners tour and tour is uneven.
If you are registered but not in room, you will be put on a timer.
So please to save drama and players getting upset... be on time!!!! Thanks
The staff of Critters Playground works very hard to
see to it that our games are fun for everyone..
They do this many times without even a thank you.
They are all volunteering their time so PLEASE
show them the RESPECT that they deserve..
Anyone harassing or disrespecting the staff,
causing disruptions that hold up tournaments,
or doing anything that keeps the td's from carrying
out their responsibilities will result in
3 to 7 days in the penalty box.
Continuous harassment could result in removal and banning from the league..
Normal boxing is first offense.. 3days,
second offense 5 days third offense banned.
This is for same offense.. Depending on the
severity of the offense boxing can start at 5 days
and then banned if the offense occurs again.
We expect our members to refrain from using profanity
in the lobby or at tourney and league tables.
We understand that we are all adults,
however, profanity is offensive to some
and we want this league to be fun for everyone.
Anyone.. using profanity will be warned the 1st time, then if it continues the
player will be boxed according to the
severity of the situation.
Accusations of Cheating
ACCUSING A PLAYER OF CHEATING IS FORBIDEN IN LOBBYS.
Please take host to private chat or a table.
Cheating is very hard to prove.
So unless you have absolute proof
that the host can see with their own eyes,
DON'T ACCUSE ANYONE!!
Some rules to go by to prevent accusations (hopefully)are
1. NO talking on im's with your partner while playing in a tour
2. People living in same household
may NOT be partners in any partners tour.
3. Please turn off instant messages while in a partners tour
4.NO table talk about anything in your hand
5.NO WATCHING ALLOWED AT THE TABLES
ONLY THE HOST AND/OR ADMIN ARE ALLOWED TO VISIT TABLES
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, PLEASE NOTIFY THE HOST IMMEDIATELY
AND THE HOST WILL COME TO RESOLVE IT
6. PLEASE YOU MUST STAY AT THE TABLE UNTIL ALL PARTIES HAVE REPORTED
IF THERE IS A DISPUTE THEN HOST CAN VERIFY BY
COMING IN AND LOOKING AT SCORES
IF A DISPUTE OCCURS AND THE TABLE IS EMPTY,
THE GAME WILL BE REPLAYED WITH THE HOST AS WITNESS
THE HOST HAS FINAL SAY IN ALL DISPUTES!
IF YOUR OPPONENT IS MISSING PLEASE ALERT THE TD/HOST
AND THEY WILL BE PLACED ON TIMER
1ST TIME YOU WILL HAVE 7 MINUTES TO GET BACK
2ND TIME YOU WILL HAVE 5 MINUTES TO GET BACK
3 RD TIME YOU WILL BE DQ'D
DRAMA FREE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO Critters Playground!!
If this occurs, it can be a penalty in the box
up to 5 days, depending on the amount of drama caused.
If we receive complaints about a member's name
and it is a re-occurring complaint then we'll
ask the member to change their name to a less offensive name..
ABSOLUTELY NO SOLICITING!!!
Any member of Critters Playground Soliciting for money or anything
of monitary value in lobby's or shout box will be suspended
and/or banned from league.
This should be done in private im's or email..
Critters Playground will accept all Prayer requests.
These can be put in shout box or lobby's.
PLEASE BE ON TIME TO TOURS
"SO TOURS CAN START ON TIME " AND "NOT KEEP OTHER PLAYERS WAITING"
IF YOU ARE MORE THEN 5 MINS
LATE YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM TOUR
AND TOUR WILL BE STARTED
PLEASE BE POLITE IN LOBBY AND AT TABLES BY TELLING
Y0UR OPPONENT "GOOD GAME" AND "GOOD LUCK",
BE A GOOD SPORT WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE.
THIS MAKES FOR A FUN TIME FOR EVERYONE..
WE ARE HERE TO HAVE FUN AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS!
The purpose of the League is to climb to the top and the competition for the rungs in the Top Ten is high. As such, we have special rules that apply for members in the Top Ten.
- Members in the Top Ten must play a League match at least once every 7 days; otherwise, you will be automatically dropped five rungs and your inactivity counter is reset. There are no exceptions to this rule.
As a member of MyLeague, you are representing the League, the Admin staff, and all other members when you are participating on a MyLeague. It's part of your responsibility as a member to act in a respectable manner within your League community.
- The rules of common decency should be followed when uploading images to use as avatars. Inappropriate avatars may be removed without warning or notification.
- If you believe your opponent is cheating, then you should contact the Admin staff.
- It is forbidden to abuse or harass another League member.
- It is important to remember that two wrongs do not make a right. If you are being harassed by another League member, contact the Admin staff for assistance. Do not take matters into your own hands or return the abuse, or you could be penalized as well.
Nice Guy Rule
- Please note that behavior guidelines govern all methods of communication. This includes chat, E-mail, message forums, instant messenger services, etc. Treat other members with respect!
Fill in the Blank
Although we have tried to be as detailed as possible, we can't cover every aspect of gaming in our rules. Please be advised that just because something is not stated in our rules and policies, then that does not mean it is allowed. Use common sense. If it is something that will adversely affect other members and you might think twice about it, then it's probably against the rules. The Admin staff will have the final say in such matters. If you have a specific question please feel free to contact us via E-mail.