November 22, 2015
From Mike ...
I am very happy to say we have added two new (well, sorta but not really) Admin to our JHF Staff - Barenecessities & MachoMan. We look forward to working with them. Welcome to the madness!
Just a couple of reminders -
- We all are aware of the glitches SHG has from time to time. We have already stated that if SHG has a hiccup, players are to acknowledge it and stop play. This includes - players being given extra cards during a hand. If this happens, someone playing at the table should let the TD know and all players will skip back to the person who was the dealer at the time of the hiccup. We don't feel it's fair to pass the deal when it's not a JHF issue but a SHG glitch. Please pay attention to the cards and let the hosting TD know if there are problems.
- When subs are needed, those playing have the choice of their subs. Please do not jump unless someone has asked you to sub. If a player posts in the lobby that a sub is needed (in general), you may go to the table and sub if you're not playing.
- When playing Show Cards should be turned off. The only time Show Cards should be on is when the TD needs to verify your cards.
Have a great week and good luck at the tables!
And Happy Thanksgiving to all! May your day be filled with laughter and special memories! But do take a moment or two to reflect on all that you have been blessed with during the year!
JHF Tourney Calendar ...
If you haven't noticed, our tourney calendar is pretty full. Our TDs are now hosting early morning, mid-morning, afternoon, prime time and late night tourneys for you. Let's take advantage of the willingness of these TDs to host. Check out the calendar and join some tourneys. You might even win one or two!
JHF's Member in the Spotlight ...
And our Member in the Spotlight for November is Aussiee_mischief. Aussiee is also an Admin and has been a member of JHF for seven years. To learn more about Aussiee, just click on the Member in the Spotlight link on our main page or click on this link - http://justhavinfuneuchre.com/SPOTLIGHT.HTML.
JHF's 12 Days of Christmas ...
A new special will soon be coming to JHF! Beginning on December 1, we will begin JHF's 12 Days of Christmas. On each hour tourney hosted from 12/1 to 12/25 an item from the 12 Days of Christmas will be up for grabs. The winner of the tourney will receive the item for that tourney. The goal is to collect all 12 items by December 25. The item can be which ever one the hosting TD wants to pick. This is only for tourneys on the hour. No quickies! The member that collects all 12 items will receive bux we have collected from the TDs and premimum members. If more than one member collects all 12 items, the bux will be split. As of today, the winner could receive 80,000 bux! A special page will be made to keep track of the 12 days so members can see how they are doing. Sounds like lots of fun! And thanks to Flareman_kaboom for sharing this idea with us!
If you are a premium member and would like to gift bux for this special, please let Harleymike or Sweett_sassyblues_4u know as soon as possible. We would love to have your help!
A JHF Welcome ...
Just Havin Fun welcomes Harbor_Dawg, Thomo8080, Diamondz1, Penuche2, Sherice76, Redman_2073, Rebelwarrior, Sheneman38, Pussy_kat3069 and Psalms91_2 to the league. May your time with us be filled with fun times and good cards!
JHF's Player of the Week ...
Congrats to Ramanron on being JHF's Player of the Week for November 15-21! Ramanron collected 163 points for his tourney play. Way to go, Ramanron!
JHF's Good Vs. Evil ...
Now let's see just who will admit that they are Evil! Good Vs. Evil will be hosted on Sunday, November 22 at 900pm. Two tourneys will be on the calendar for 900pm. One will be for those who think they are Good and the other will be for those who know they are Evil. Wonder who will win this one? The Good? Or the Evil?
JHF's Battle of the Pig Skin ...
The NFL season has started! JHF's Battle of the Pig Skin will be hosted on Sunday, November 22 at 1000pm. This is an invitation only tourney. So all you need to do is Check-In if you are participating. We have 27 teams participating so there's some great competition.
SkyWalker has taken over first place with 392 points. Mrcoffee4 is in second with 327 points. Pkkboz with 324 points is in third place. But we have several more games to be played so anyone could win! Good luck to all!
To keep up with your points, just click on the Battle of the Pig Skin Results link on our main page or on this link - http://www.myleague.com/justhavinfun/tournaments.
JHF's Mellow Monday ...
Mellow Monday is a 2x2 themed tourney which will be hosted on Monday, November 23 at 1000pm. Each week's tourney will have a theme and those participating should make a team name related to the theme to compete in the tourney. Also the winning team each week will pick the theme for the next week. This week's theme, compliments of Snowy1 & Ramanron is Famous Break Ups. Sounds like a lot of fun so grab yourself a partner and make your team today!
JHF's All-Star ...
Congrats to Sandyyyyy_35 on jumping rank to #1 in the league. JHF's All-Star will be hosted on Tuesday, November 24 at 900pm. The winner of the tourney will move in rank to #1 in the league. This is a great opportunity to take control of first place. Join us at the tables and let's see who will be jumping rank. Good luck to all!
JHF's King & Queen ...
It's time to crown new rulers of JHF! The King & Queen special will be hosted on Wednesday, November 25 at 900pm. There will be two tourneys on the calendar for 900pm. One will be for the Kings and the other will be for the Queens. Who will our new rulers be? Join us on Wednesday night for the crowning!
JHF's Roast ...
Another JHF'er has been greased and roasted! Congrats to Mommom_8 on winning Wabbitgonewild's roast! In addition to winning the tourney, Mommom got to rename Wabbitgonewild for the week. Wabbitgonewild's new name is BugsLittleBuddy. For being roasted, Wabbitgonewild got to pick who would be roasted next and Ramanron is being prepped for the firepit. Way to go, Mommom_8! Thanks for being good sports, Wabbitgonewild & Ramanron!
JHF's Roast will be hosted on Friday, November 27 at 900pm (note the change of days due to Thanksgiving). The winner of the tourney will get to rename Ramanron for the week. Each week the member roasted will pick who will be roasted the following week. If a player is roasted, he/she must make a new SHG ID with their new name and play using that new name until the next roast. Your league name will not change. We do ask that names not be totally offensive and that you remember you might be roasted next! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE ROASTED, PLEASE LET THE HOSTING TD KNOW SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN BE PICKED! Good luck and have fun!
Trivia & Cards with JHF ...
It's time for trivia! Sassy & Mike will host Trivia & Cards on Saturday, November 28 at 900pm. The winner of the tourney picks the topic for the following week. Extra bux are given for correct answers. The trivia topic for November 28 is Drinks compliments of Barenecessities & Captainsixpack_2000. See you then!
JHF's Wave The Flag ...
It's time for a new flag to wave on our league's main page! Wave The Flag will be hosted on Sunday, November 29 at 900pm. The winner of the tourney will pick a flag that will be displayed next to their name on our league's main page for the month. Flags can be for the states, colleges, republics, teams, etc. Join us on Sunday night as we wave the flag!
JHF's TD of the Week ...
Congrats to MachoMan on being JHF's TD of the Week for November 15-21! MachoMan hosted 45 tourneys during the week. Way to go, MachoMan!
JHF's USA Vs. World ...
Hmmm. Congrats to the World on winning the battle with the USA! Well, sorta. Our winner for the World was Squonk45 but he lives in the USA. Nice try, Kindmasterful44, who won for the USA. Guess we will let the World have this one! Enjoy your win!
JHF's TDs vs. Members ...
The Members did it! Congrats to Sandyyyyy_35 on winning the bragging rights for the Members! Nice try, Sweett_sassyblues_4u, who won for the TDs. We always knew our Members rocked! Way to go, Sandyyyyy_35!
JHF's Top Partners ...
What teamwork! Congrats to Doodles868 and Paiger_2025 on winning JHF's Top Partners! Great job, gals!
JHF's Tag Team ...
Boom! Pop! Bang! Congrats to Two_hoots36, SkyWalker & Pkkbozo on winning Tag Team! Great euchre playing!
Cooking with JHF ...
Each week a recipe will be featured in our newsletter. If you have a favorite you would like to share with your fellow league members, please email email@example.com and your recipe will be featured. This week's feature recipe is - Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion and Garlic
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon salt or to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
Place the bacon in a large stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes. Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more. Enjoy!
JHF's Shout Box ...
Wanna leave a message for the league or a member? Use our Shout Box! To post a message in the Shout Box you must be signed into the main page (upper right side). Members are welcome to leave messages at any time. To add smileys or graphics, just click on SMILES. If you would like to add any graphics to the box, please see Sweett_sassyblues_4u. Shout away!
Please remember that the Shout Box is for shouts. If you have a league issue, you will need to post it in the JHF Forum.
A JHF Fact ...
The average person consumes 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving day - enough to gain 1.3 pounds. The average Turkey Day reveler consumes up to 4,500 calories throughout the day. It takes eating 3,500 calories to equal one pound of fat. A 160-pound person would have to run at a steady pace for six hours, swim for seven and a half hours or walk 45 miles to burn off a 4,500-calorie Thanksgiving day food-fest.
JHF's Pro Football Pick'Em ...
The NFL season has begun! After Week 10, Earnhardt83ts1 is still in first place with 92 points. Tnagyw is in second place with 90 points. And Maggieami is third with 88 points. But it's way too early and there's lots more games to be played. Good luck this week!
JHF Radio ...
Wanna listen to some tunes while you toss cards? JHF is a banner league for Hott N Funky Radio. Hott N Funky brings class and style to your internet experience. To tune in, just click on the radio link on our main page or save this link in your favorites - http://www.hottnfunkyradio.com/. The DJs play a variety of music, play requests and mingle with listeners in chat. A special perk is that one of our own - Sweett_sassyblues_4u - is now a DJ for Hott N Funky, as Sweett Desire. She is on the air six days a week (Sunday/Wednesday 900pm-1200am and Tuesday/Friday/Saturday 1200am-300am). Check it out and request your favorite tunes!
What's Happening This Week in JHF ...
Sunday, November 22 - 900pm Good vs. Evil and 1000pm Pig Skin
Monday, November 23 - 1000pm Mellow Monday
Tuesday, November 24 - 900pm All-Star
Wednesday, November 25 - 900pm King & Queen
Thursday, November 26 - Happy Thanksgiving - No Specials
Friday, November 27 - 900pm Roast and 1000pm Thirsty Thursday
Saturday, November 28 - 900pm Trivia & Cards
Sunday, November 29 - 900pm Wave the Flag and 1000pm Battle of the Pig Skin
JHF & Face Book ...
Do you have a Face Book account? JHF does! If you would like, search or click on the Face Book link on our league's main page and add Justhavinfun Euchre to your friends list. Feel free to leave comments on the page. This is a great way to advertise our league!
JHF's Big Bux Winners for the Week ...
Sweett's Regular STD Tourney - Snowy1 with 10,000 bux
Doodles' Regular STD Tourney - Kindmasterful44 with 10,000 bux
Rocksie's Regular STD Tourney - Texas_lynn with 20,000 bux
Harleymike's Dealing Team Calls 2x2 Tourney - Snowy1 & Ramanron with 10,000 bux each
Sweett's 3 Round Mixed Swiss 2x2 Tourney - Mommom_8 & Ramanron with 7,500 bux each
Craig's Been Denied Tourney - Ramanron with 20,000 bux
Rocksie's Regular No STD Tourney - Pkkbozo with 10,000 bux
Texaslynn's Diggin Hearts Tourney - Rougehighheels with 20,000 bux
Flareman's Regular STD 2x2 Tourney - Texas_lynn & Rocksie01 with 10,000 bux each
Sweett's 3 Round Mixed Swiss 2x2 Tourney - Poohbear48220 & Rjlundo with 10,000 bux each
MachoMan's Aces Over Deuces 2x2 DE Tourney - Amazing_mom_61 & Weatherholt1954 with 10,000 bux each
Doodles' Regular STD 2x2 Tourney - Paiger_2025 & Doodles868 with 10,000 bux each
Sweett's Regular STD Tourney - MachoMan with 10,000 bux
Aussiee's Backasswards Tourney - Nella159 with 15,000 bux
Lucky's 3 Round Mixed Swiss 2x2 Tourney - Baker_woman_1 & Mhy1955 with 10,000 bux each
Over 200,000 bux were up for grabs this week! Way to go, TDs! Thanks for your donations! You kick ass!
Got Bux? ...
Are you a premium member with a platinum or diamond membership? Do you have lots of bux and would like to give some away? If so, please let the hosting TD know and they will add your gift donation to their tourney. Let's share the wealth!
We Need Your Help ...
We need to keep our JHF birthday listing up-to-date. If you haven't already, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your birthday. We would like to honor you on your special day with a tourney so email Aussiee_mischief today!
How About More For Your Money? ...
Wouldn't you like to get more bux out of tourney wins besides the usual pots? How about going gold, platinum or diamond? You'll get more bux for tourney wins and for participating in tourneys. Lots of extras come with memberships, too. Not only would you be helping yourself but you would be helping the league, too. Check it out on our league's main page. If you have any questions, please talk with an Admin or another premium member.
Deep Thought ...
Do you have a favorite deep thought or quote you would like to share with your fellow league members? If so, please email email@example.com and your favorite will be included in the newsletter.
Frank Clark was a lawyer and politician who once said, "If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get."
On The Lighter Side with JHF ...
I'm not dead yet. Thanksgiving is still important to me. If being in my Last Will and Testament is important to you, then you might consider being with me for my favorite holiday. Dinner is at 2:00pm. Not 2:15pm. Not 2:05pm. Two. 2:00pm! Arrive late and you get what's left over.
Last year, that moron Marshall fried a turkey in one of those contraptions and practically burned the deck off the house. This year, the only peanut oil used to make the meal will be from the secret scoop of peanut butter I add to the carrot soup.
Jonathan, your last new wife was an idiot. You don't arrive at someone's house on Thanksgiving needing to use the oven and the stove. Honest to God, I thought you might have learned after two wives - date them longer and save us all the agony of another divorce.
Now, the house rules are slightly different This year because I have decided that 47% of you don't know how to take care of nice things. Paper plates and red Solo cups might be bad for the environment, but I'll be gone soon and that will be your problem to deal with.
- The University of Texas no longer plays Texas A&M. The television stays off during the meal.
- The "no cans for kids" rule still exists. We are using 2 liter bottles because your children still open a third can before finishing the first two. Parents can fill a child's cup when it is empty. All of the cups have names on them and I'll be paying close attention to refills.
- Chloe, last year we were at Trudy's house and I looked the other way when your Jell-O salad showed up. This year, if Jell-O salad comes in the front door it will go right back out the back door with the garbage. Save yourself some time, honey. You've never been a good cook and you shouldn't bring something that wiggles more than you. Buy something from the bakery.
- Grandmothers give grandchildren cookies and candy. That is a fact of life. Your children can eat healthy at your home. At my home, they can eat whatever they like as long as they finish it.
- I cook with bacon and bacon grease. That's nothing new. You being a vegetarian doesn't change the fact that stuffing without bacon is like egg salad without eggs. Even the green bean casserole has a little bacon grease in it. That's why it tastes so good. Not eating bacon is just not natural. And as far as being healthy - look at me. I've outlived almost everyone I know.
- Salad at Thanksgiving is a waste of space.
- I do not like cell phones. Leave them in the car.
- I do not like video cameras. There will be 32 people here. I am sure you can capture lots of memories without the camera pointed at me.
- Being a mother means you have to actually pay attention to the kids. I have nice things and I don't put them away just because company is coming over. Mary, watch your kids and I'll watch my things.
- Rhonda, a cat that requires a shot twice a day is a cat that has lived too many lives. I think staying home to care for the cat is your way of letting me know that I have lived too many lives too. I can live with that. Can you?
- Words mean things. I say what I mean. Let me repeat: You don't need to bring anything means you don't need to bring anything. And if I did tell you to bring something, bring it in the quantity I said. Really, this doesn't have to be difficult.
- Domino's and cards are better than anything that requires a battery or an on/off switch. That was true when you were kids and it's true now that you have kids.
- Showing up for Thanksgiving guarantees presents at Christmas. Not showing up guarantees a card that may or may not be signed.
In memory of your Grandfather, the back fridge will be filled with beer. Drink until it is gone. I prefer wine anyway. But one from each family needs to be the designated driver.
I really mean all of the above.
Love You, Grandma
JHF Mailbox ...
Now you can send us your ideas, suggestions and/or complaints using the league's main page. Just click on "Support" and "Contact Admin" and send us an email. All emails will be answered promptly by the Admin team. Let us know what you are thinking!
Something to Think About ...
I am thankful ...
- For the wife who says, "It's hot dogs tonight." because she is home with me and not out with someone else.
- For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato because he is home with me and not out at the bars.
- For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes because it means she is at home and not on the streets.
- For the taxes I pay because it means I am employed.
- For the mess I clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and I have been blessed with transportation.
- For the huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For the weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means I am alive.
Contributions Are Welcome ...
If you would like to contribute to our newsletter in any way, please feel free. We are always looking for recipes, quotes, jokes and websites. All material for the newsletter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you come across something you wanna share, please email it to Mike. We welcome your contributions!
JHF's Requests for Your Thoughts & Prayers ...
- Jan32j's mom as she recovers from surgery to repair her broken hip
- Aussiee_mishchief as she deals with health issues.
- Dsch1_osh on the passing of his wife.
- Pkkbozo and his family as his father has recently been diagnosed with cancer.
- Gismo0060 as she recovers from a recent surgery.
- Friendlyghost0's husband as he deals with health issues.
- Maggieami's mom who recently had cataract surgery.
- Paiger's father-in-law who is now in Hospice care.
- An anonymous JHF'er who is having health issues.
- Bgene as he deals with health issues.
- Kingcampfire2009 as he deals with personal issues.
- A JHF member dealing with several serious health issues.
- Weatherholt1954's mom who is dealing with health issues.
- Walknsher's husband as he recovers from health issues.
- Shell84 as she deals with unexpected health issues.
- Weatherholt1954's nephew who is dealing with health issues.
- Rrcarter80 as she helps her daughter fight cancer.
- And to those who are dealing with issues of their own.
Celebrate The Date with JHF ...
Sunday, November 22 - Go For a Ride Day (and take a friend along)
Monday, November 23 - Eat a Cranberry Day (eww, you can do it)
Tuesday, November 24 - Evolution Day (all our uncles are monkeys)
Wednesday, November 25 - National Parfait Day (savor your favorite flavor)
Thursday, November 26 - Thanksgiving (eat, drink and be thankful)
Friday, November 27 - Black Friday (go ahead and battle the crowds if you dare)
Saturday, November 28 - Make Your Own Head Day (the head must be your own)
Sunday, November 29 - Square Dance Day (it's a lively and quick day)
From Our Members ...
No Thanksgiving Dinner - compliments of Sweett_sassyblues_4u
Tis the night before Thanksgiving and all through our house
No turkey is baking; I feel like a louse,
For I am all nestled, so snug in my bed;
I’m not gettin’ up and I’m not bakin’ bread.
No pies in my oven, no cranberry sauce
Cuz I give the orders, and I am the boss.
When out in the kitchen, there arose such a clatter
I almost got up to see what was the matter.
As I drew in my head and was tossing around
To the bed came my husband, he grimaced, he frowned.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
He scared me to death and I thought, “Here he goes!”
He spoke not a word as he threw back my quilt
And the look that he gave was intended to wilt.
So up to the ceiling my pillows he threw
I knew I had had it, his face had turned blue.
“You Prancer, you Dodger, you’re lazy, you Vixen
Out yonder in kitchen, Thanksgiving you’re fixin.”
But he heard me explain, with my face in a pout:
"I'm just plain too tired and we're eating out!"
Celebrating JHF Birthdays ...
To anyone celebrating a birthday this week that we don't know about - Happy Birthday!
Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 26!
Best Thanksgiving - written by Joanna Fuchs
Thanksgiving is here, so our minds have turned
To what time has taught us, to what we've learned:
We often focus all our thought
On shiny things we've shopped and bought.
We take our pleasure in material things,
Forgetting the pleasure that friendship brings.
If a lot of our stuff just vanished today,
We'd see the foundation of each happy day
Is special relationships, constant and true,
And that's when our thoughts go directly to you.
We wish you a Thanksgiving you'll never forget,
Full of love and joy - your best one yet!
News written by:
Page Designed by: