We are the POGO WIZARDS we play CANASTA in Golden Gate located in pogo Canasta advanced and the 4 player room in beginners Blue Velvet.
Hopefully you have joined us and if not we hope you do. You will find links to both the rooms on the Wizard Beta page (www.myleague.com/pogowizards)
The Wizards started September 21, 2007 made up of people just like you that want to play canasta with friends and joke around have fun while playing and not having to worry about cheaters or rude people or host. We try to stay as drama free as we can. Knowing as large as we have grown some drama does happen. We do our best to try to ignore it. We try not to rehash or bring it to the lobby.
The winner reports to the host the winner of the game. Normally this is done like this Host***winner/loser.
Wizards Regular Games are RATED: Some games have Funky rules . Games should take no longer than 40 minutes. At 30 minutes the host will ask how the game is going. At 35 minutes the host will go to table to see the score and inform the players they have 5 minutes to finish. The game will be given to the person not holding up the game with extends or problems. If it’s noted that neither person is responsible for holding up game the game will got to the high score. Note: the host will let you finish the game if your within a min or 2 to finish.
TOURNMENT OF CHAMPIONS (TOC) This is winners of a tournament of the previous month. The host cannot put you into the TOC unless you can prove you have won a tournament in the month specified. Example: You have had to change your pogo account, you have won in the right month but the tourney was set before your win. Only the Host that sets the TOC can add a player that is how cases has set it up and we the wizards cannot change that please do not ask other host to try it confuses the new host and causes arguments in the lobby.
RULES FOR 2 PLAYER IN GOLDEN GATE:
Timers are set at 45 sec., We allow watchers, do not let them see your hand, allowing the host to come to the table if needed and tables are always private with password being magical. Never use the Robot.
We extend 3 times in the game if a opponent freezes or goes MIA you tell the host in the lobby after you extend the 3rd time. The host will try to contact the person and place them on a 5 minute timer. If they boot or freeze a player gets 10 minutes to return. If a players uses 6 of their minutes than they only have 4 left for the entire tourney.
Members jumping in more than one of the Wizard tourneys have 10 minutes, only if they are in the finals. Please note that if they have used 5 minutes somewhere in tourney then they only have 5 minutes remaining.
Please make sure to read the rules page for each tourney you plan to join. Also if you have jumped more than one tourney and you see your going to dq or not make it in time please tell the host so as a member is not sitting there having to wait. If you are in the room in another game (non-tourney) you have 5 min to end that game and get to the table you are assigned to for the tourney.
RULES FOR 4 PLAYER IN BLUE VELVET:
ALL IMS (AIM YAHOO AND TRILLIAN) TO BE TURNED OFF BY ALL PLAYERS BEFORE TOURNEY BEGINS!!!! THE HOST SHOULD CHECK AS BEST THEY CAN TO INSURE NO ONE IS ABUSING THE RIGHT TO PLAY IN A HONEST GAME.
Timers are set at 45 sec., We allow watchers, do not let them see your hand, allowing the host to come to the table if needed and tables are always private with password being magical.
The 4 players has a few rules that are different than 2 player:
1.We will use a sub if player is missing in action. This must be a Wizard. If a member is on a bye they are allowed to sub for the missing Wizard. If there is no sub in the room it is up to the Host or other adms to im other wizards and ask them to come in and sub. If no one can be contacted we will use the robot. But continue to try to contact a sub or the missing player.
2.If a member is missing in action for longer than 10 minutes and a member has been called to the room to sub that is not in the tourney if they want to finish the game they will be allowed to finish the round.
We pride ourselves on being as courteous as we can be, and making tourneys run as smooth as possible. Everyone appreciates this about our league. We are quite proud in the fact we here as a group with no one feeling like they are the boss or over anyone else. We are all equal and after the same thing and that is to have fun.
1. Administrators have the final word. We have several Adm’s to help you whenever needed. Problems will be handled in private, problems are not to be handled in the lobby. This is a GAME, not a life threatening issue and the Wizards work hard to ensure you enjoy the time you spend in the rooms with fellow Wizards. We as administrators will keep your confidence. But ours will be the final word and we expect you to respect that decision.
2. Host determines the game being played and the game rules.
3. Problem players: -First offense- We will be courteous and tell you that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. -Second offense-We will issue a verbal warning. -Third offense-You will be boxed for 1 days meaning (you can't play in ANY league game) -Fourth offense-3 day suspension.-Fifth offense-Player will be removed from the league. Members are expected to respect each other and all staff. NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE!
4. All players are welcome. TDs from other leagues will have limited access to working around in the Wizards site. If you are an ADM or HTD in another league you are welcome to join but not as a host. We feel that you will be recruiting from the Wizards which is not allowed by cases gaming site. You should be loyal to your home league. Which the Wizard staff is.
5. No cheat programs or Auto play programs will be tolerated. If this is reported and proof is agreed upon by the ADM's then the player will be booted and possibly banned from the league permanently and reported to cases.
6. During a tourney the ONLY people that should be at the table are the 2 players only, no watchers. The host, HTD or Adm can go in but that is the only exception and that is only if requested or the host needs to check on the game . Other than that there are NO EXCEPTIONS PERIOD!
7. Ladder matches 2 wizards playing a game chosen by the players, these games can be rated or not rated, the loser reports on the beta page under tournaments, report loss.
8. Any member or staff who is caught using the wizards spam list to recruit for another league or to send out hate mail about any member of the wizards will be removed from the league and reported to cases.
Our final word to you The Wizards is that this league was created out of love for the game of Canasta. It is not owned by any one person. We wish you to make new friends and leave with the feeling you have been playing cards with family members. Knowing you can come back play with the same people and just have fun. In order to achieve this we need everyone to work together and not let trivial situations influence their day when we log off its back to day to day life. So lets enjoy each other to the best of our ability.
Thank You from The Wizard Administration Team
Please consider being a TD for the wizards. We would love to have the help.