Twisted_Spades
Message Forum

• Single elims : View
      by -Evanescence- on January 28, 2005 at 09:46:38 PST

Hi all!!! I know I'm fairly new to your league but I'm not new to league play as I've TD'd and owned several leagues for several different games at VUG ...Anyways, I was wondering why there's not more Swiss(regular or true) tourneys.

Spades is not one of my stronger games but I do love to play and it's quite discouraging when you're eliminated after playing only one match and then have to wait sometimes up to 45 minutes for the next tourney. I won't stay and wait that long for a game. I very much want to play but one match every hour isn't very much fun. Ya know!?! lmao

I think you all have a fantastic league here and everyone's been quite friendly BUT win or lose I'd like to play more more more and more!!!! lmao

Take care all,

Bobbi (Evan) :)

• Re: Single elims : View
        by Twisted_Hunny2u on January 29, 2005 at 04:58:39 PST

Heyyyyyyyyyy Ev,
      Welcome to Twisted WWWWWWWEEEEE. Just another note why we have SE during the day.... it is so Shine can get her house work done in between tourneys.LMAO.
      :Again welcome to the family and have funnnnnnnnn
      :Hugssss Hunny

by shine3909_TD on January 29, 2005 at 17:24:09 PST

: Heyyyyyyyyyy Ev,
        : Welcome to Twisted WWWWWWWEEEEE. Just another note why we have SE during the day.... it is so Shine can get her house work done in between tourneys.LMAO.
        : :Again welcome to the family and have funnnnnnnnn
        : :Hugssss Hunny

Yeah I agree it is handy for cleaning time, also for ones like me losing once in a tourny is enough.

welcome to twisted eva weeeeeeeeee

Shine

P.S. HUNNY YOUR HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

by ---RJ---HDTD on January 28, 2005 at 14:24:23 PST

Hey Bobbi Hugssssss and Welcome to Twisted ! Weeeeeeeeeee.

We do have Swiss tourneys on Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday and Sunday at 9pm. And occassionly the midnight tourney will be swiss.

During the day we have tourneys every hour so there is not time to have a swiss tournament without it running into other tourneys.

I hope this helps. See you at the tables Weeeeeee
      Jamie

by Twisted-Animal on January 28, 2005 at 15:24:28 PST

What RJ said (hehe).

With a league as big and active as ours it is hard to try to please everyone, so that is why we have specific times for swiss and single elimination, as well as regular and crazy games. This way the players can choose what they wish to play and not play in.

There are times that there are other swiss tourneys, if the TD has a special event and wishes to make it swiss. Not all TDs have the desire to know and host swiss, as it is different from single eilimination.

Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
Gigi2016 (Head Admin)  
Carole_  
Troteuse  
League Tips
Gold members can transfer their membership to another League or Ladder they are playing on once every 90 days.
LadderBux Redemptions
Silver Bumblebee Charm (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Mini Perfume Atomizer (352000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,791,000.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!