Gin (ygin)

Message Forum

• Coolbreeze View
      by Peachieee_247 on April 12, 2014 at 19:19:50 PDT

Hi All,

I am not sure if any of you all remember Coolbreeze (Johnny Gaines), however I have just learned of his passing today from his daughter's Facebook page.

He was A true sportsman of the game.

He also held the first live Gin Tourney way back in the day in his home town in Louisiana. Hosted it as his restaurant.

I had the privilege of being his gin partner in two of the live games in Birmingham. He was a true gentleman and an awesome partner.

I will miss him saying "hey fuzzy" in the gin lobby and playing him a game of Gin.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

• Re: Coolbreeze View
        by Ost on February 15, 2017 at 03:29:24 PST

:Hi Peachieee,

I am just starting up again and played with Coolbreeze many years ago, So sorry about his passing. I am seeing a few names in the memories of page on cases ladder. Missywest as well, my, my. Good times. May they rest in peace. Now I am trying to find the yahoo site so I can start playing again, hope to see you soon!

by d00fus04 on July 2, 2014 at 06:27:35 PDT

This is such bad news
      Johnny was one of my favourite players to play and before I even typed this I took a minute to remember the fun and hard games we played.

RIP COOLSKI'S as I would say

: Hi All,

: I am not sure if any of you all remember Coolbreeze (Johnny Gaines), however I have just learned of his passing today from his daughter's Facebook page.

:
      : He was A true sportsman of the game.

: He also held the first live Gin Tourney way back in the day in his home town in Louisiana. Hosted it as his restaurant.

: I had the privilege of being his gin partner in two of the live games in Birmingham. He was a true gentleman and an awesome partner.

:
      : I will miss him saying "hey fuzzy" in the gin lobby and playing him a game of Gin.

: Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

by Dadismon on June 28, 2014 at 22:31:48 PDT

A good man. Definitely one of the best of us. He will be missed.
        by Jimat47 on June 28, 2014 at 13:37:25 PDT

: I am not sure if any of you all remember Coolbreeze (Johnny Gaines), however I have just learned of his passing today from his daughter's Facebook page.

:

: He also held the first live Gin Tourney way back in the day in his home town in Louisiana. Hosted it as his restaurant.

: I had the privilege of being his gin partner in two of the live games in Birmingham. He was a true gentleman and an awesome partner.

:
      : I will miss him saying "hey fuzzy" in the gin lobby and playing him a game of Gin.

• My heartfelt condolences nt View
        by sherry5561 on May 27, 2014 at 05:38:19 PDT

:

:

by pattiyork1 on May 9, 2014 at 08:55:12 PDT

A true prince among men and a man that will be missed. :(
        by RLSpark on April 26, 2014 at 07:32:23 PDT

Should be put on Flame of Remembrance on main page.
        by Mistresss_36 on April 25, 2014 at 17:40:07 PDT

OH WOW, yeah he was awesome.
      RIP Cool.

by slotmama46 on April 17, 2014 at 19:06:43 PDT

Such a kind and thoughtful gentleman. I loved meeting Coolski and his family at his tourney in Baton Rouge and then at various other live tourneys in Ohio, Alabama, and Georgia. He will be missed.
        by panpao on April 17, 2014 at 00:03:48 PDT

Coolbreeze was one the best gin players and a great character. I always enjoyed the games with him.

RIP Coolbreeze

:

:

by THErxman on April 16, 2014 at 21:49:43 PDT

:

:

So saddened to click in and find a post like this. Met Johnny at Glen and Judy's Live tourney in Birmingham. Was great fun and a true competitor. Miss cases as it used to be and will cherish the memories of friends like Coolbreeze.

by Colt on April 14, 2014 at 10:21:35 PDT

Thanks for passing this along Peachie!

I couldn't have said it any better. He was always a joy to play against and very funny guy.

I will surely miss him.

RIP Coolbreeze

Peace
      Colt

:

:

by Dart268 on April 13, 2014 at 05:19:08 PDT

He was a nice man. My thoughts are with the family at this time.

Dart268

by jerseymom2u on April 12, 2014 at 19:23:01 PDT

:

:

Heaven gained another "gin angel". RIP JOHNNY you were a true gentelman. To Johnny's family so sorry for your loss.

Therese

Tournament Time EDT
Yahoo
Now playing at Yahoo
League Admins
dart_ygin (cases_op_dart)
sherry_ygin  
League Tips
When filling out forms, the "Path" is simply the word(s) after myleague.com in the URL.
LadderBux Redemptions
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Her Last Summer: A Veronica Lee Thriller (Kindle Edition) (65000)
DIY Projects:: Household DIY (Kindle Edition) (65000)
Conch Shell Charm (65000)

Over $4,811,650.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!