foreverspades
Message Forum

• assigning partners View
      by a.telamon on October 4, 2011 at 11:47:37 PDT

I know td's should try to get p's for those who have listed a team without a partner, BUT, if they directly ask someone to p, they put that person in the position of partnering someone they don't want, or offending that person. Think it better to just clearly state a p is needed, listing pw, and letting members decide for themselves. AND, I note that td's often are careful about their own partners... thus let us be as well.
    • Re: assigning partners View
        by jm468 on October 6, 2011 at 11:39:43 PDT

TD's are not responsible for finding partners for members who choose to make a team...it's the members responsibility to find a partner.

If a member chooses to make a team and place the password for that team in the team name that is saying they would like anyone to join them.

At 10 minutes prior to start time we ask the TD's to announce that teams without a partner should go auto or risk being dropped when the tour is started.

A tour is held open only until auto is even as we do NOT ever close a tour with auto uneven!!!

NO new teams should be made after 10 minutes prior unless that member has a specific partner that will be joining them.

This is all in an attempt to start the tour as close to start time as possible.

So please keep in mind that if a team is made and there is no partner....it's very possible that team will be dropped when the tour is started.

Thanks for reading!

Jan

: I know td's should try to get p's for those who have listed a team without a partner, BUT, if they directly ask someone to p, they put that person in the position of partnering someone they don't want, or offending that person. Think it better to just clearly state a p is needed, listing pw, and letting members decide for themselves. AND, I note that td's often are careful about their own partners... thus let us be as well.

Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
sultry (Head Admin)  
twisted_lady_69 (Specials)  
LibraLady  
CountryMouse  
League Tips
If you want to play, but there are no tournaments scheduled, try challenging someone to a League match.
LadderBux Redemptions
Mini Perfume Atomizer (352000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,790,900.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!