foreverspades
Message Forum

• Subs View
      by w_snider2004 on May 22, 2012 at 11:43:29 PDT

I would like to just take this time to vent for a moment. On Sunday I participated in a tournament to where my partner never showed up and was asked if I wanted a sub, I said sure. I couldnt figure out why it seemed as though my sub was "throwing" the game. I did not find out until later that the sub I had. To my understanding subs are ones that are not in the tournament or at least that's how it was years ago. If that is how your subbing rules are then I would have just giving the opponents the game freely. Thanks for letting me vent.
    • Re: Subs View
        by jm468 on May 27, 2012 at 10:17:03 PDT

Hi Wendy,

I am so sorry that your concern wasn't addressed in a timely manner....the forum is the one thing I really don't like about the redesign of the league page.

As far as subs go....yes, the first choice for a sub is a league member not in the tourney...that is the ideal however, that isn't always possible. So the next choice would be a league member that was in the tour but had lost their game....next choice would be a league member in the tour who is on a bye but does NOT play the winners of that game. And last choice is the td as a very last resort.

Also, if there are no subs available the game will be put on hold until a qualified sub is available. We do NOT dq a player for lack of a sub.

I hope this helps understand how the subbing works.

Hugssss

Jan

: I would like to just take this time to vent for a moment. On Sunday I participated in a tournament to where my partner never showed up and was asked if I wanted a sub, I said sure. I couldnt figure out why it seemed as though my sub was "throwing" the game. I did not find out until later that the sub I had. To my understanding subs are ones that are not in the tournament or at least that's how it was years ago. If that is how your subbing rules are then I would have just giving the opponents the game freely. Thanks for letting me vent.

Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
sultry (Head Admin)  
twisted_lady_69 (Specials)  
LibraLady  
CountryMouse  
League Tips
You can earn 4 times the LadderBux on up to 5 Leagues when you are a Platinum member. Visit the Buy Membership link on the MyAccount tab for more information.
LadderBux Redemptions
Artwork Bookmarker (67000)
Heart Lock Charm (52000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Afghan Crochet Patterns (Kindle Edition) (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,812,600.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!