World League Backgammon
Message Forum

• Sad News: SirGallahad aka RollingStoned46 View
      by Armed4Fun_ on March 22, 2010 at 17:38:23 PDT

It is with a very heavy heart that I make this posting to inform you that Tim (SirGallahad aka RollingStoned46) passed away on March 14th. Tim had been a member of the Pogo Backgammon Community for numerous years, and many of you probably know him best as the Head-Admin of the former Camelot league.

My sincerest condolences are extended to Tim's family and friends and especially to his youngest son Liam, whom Tim adored.

Tim, you will be greatly missed !! I hope you knew how much you were loved and respected within the Pogo Backgammon Community.

• You'll be missed, Tim... View
        by CnJParkhurst on March 24, 2010 at 20:53:08 PDT

Shocking news, to say the least.

Tim and I go waaay back to the founding of Camelot, where we were fellow admins. We had a special relationship, and he was without a doubt the closest friend I have met through playing backgammon. For anyone who was a regular member of Camelot, you know of our intense rivalry at the tables. That carried over the Chicago league conventions we attended, where our friendship grew and we both made many fond memories.

I regret that we haven't had much contact since Camelot disbanded, as I had too much going on in my life to find time for backgammon. Unfortunately, just as I returned to the wonderful people here, I lost one of the people I missed most.

My shock and sorrow cannot possibly compare to those who were his life. I remember when Liam was born and I cannot imagine how hard it must be for him right now, especially with him being so young. The same sentiments go out to his other children as well and all those who knew him.

For anyone who really knew him, they know that he really was a great person. He was a war veteran who was proud of his country and a loyal friend who was always there when you needed him.

Tim, I'll always have a special place for you in my heart and you will truly be missed. Keep those dice warm and get lots of practice at that backgammon board in the sky. You'll need it when I come for you. May your soul rest in peace for eternity.

Colin
      (CnJParkhurst)
      (MerlinDaWarlock)

• Sad News: SirGallahad aka RollingStoned46 View
        by Thunder_Road_75 on March 22, 2010 at 18:15:18 PDT

It is with a very heavy heart that I make this posting to inform you that Tim (SirGallahad aka RollingStoned46) passed away on March 14th. Tim had been a member of the Pogo Backgammon Community for numerous years, and many of you probably know him best as the Head-Admin of the former Camelot league.My sincerest condolences are extended to Tim's family and friends and especially to his youngest son Liam, whom Tim adored.Tim, you will be greatly missed !! I hope you knew how much you were loved and respected within the Pogo Backgammon Community.

Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
HungaDunga (Head Admin)  
Armed4Fun (armed4_fun)  
Flotsom  
Jennif8732  
League Tips
Did you know? Premium members get a cool icon next to their name in the Standings indicating how many years they have been a member of each League on their membership.
LadderBux Redemptions
Silver Royal Flush Charm (65000)
Conch Shell Charm (65000)
Collapsable Folding Strainer [Set of 2] (2602000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,811,850.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!