MyLeague has one of the simplest ranking systems ever used for competitive play. The concept was adopted from the ranking system used on the official Case's Ladders. We call it a "Ladder" because each member holds a unique rank or "rung" that represents their standing among other members. The highest-ranked member holds the #1 Ladder position; for example, someone ranked #2 is ranked below the #1 member. The goal is to "climb" the Ladder all the way to the top!
- When you first join, you are placed in an "Unranked" category on the League.
- You become "Ranked" after winning your first League match. (Unranked members may play each other, and the winner becomes ranked at the bottom of the League.)
When you defeat a higher-ranked member, you move up in rank
50% the distance between their rank and
- Example: If you are ranked #50 and you beat the #1 ranked member, then your new rank would be 25.
Your rank on the League does not go down if you lose a match
unless your opponent is ranked DIRECTLY below you.
- Example: If you are ranked #5 and the #6 ranked member defeats you, then your new rank would be #6.
When members ranked below you are victorious against members
ranked above you, it's possible the member will jump over you in
rank and you will move down one rung. This depends on the ranks
- Example(per 50% rank gain): You are currently ranked #7. If the #10 ranked member defeats the #1 ranked member, then #10 will advance to the #5 rung and you will fall to the #8 rung.
- If your League name is deemed offensive or contains profanity, your account may be removed.
- If your League name is deemed abusive towards another member, your account may be removed.
- You can edit your League name by using the 'My Account' tab and choosing the 'Edit Username' option. If you have problems changing your League name, please use the 'Contact Admin' link, located on the 'Support' tab.
- Your E-mail address must be kept current at all times, in case you need to be contacted. You can use the 'Edit E-mail Address' link on the 'My Account' tab to edit your E-mail address.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
- You are not permitted to share your password with anyone for any reason.
- In order to keep the League as dynamic as possible, your account will be automatically deleted if you are inactive for 180 days. However, one of the features of our Premium Membership Program is never being deleted for inactivity. Information regarding our Premium Membership Program can be found here.
- Only one account is allowed per person. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- It is forbidden for more than one person to use or share the same account.
- Multiple accounts from the same location will be investigated and possibly removed.
Note: Please consult the Admin staff regarding whether or not League challenges are permitted for this League.
A challenge is defined as a request for a match with a higher-ranked member. Whether you are the challenger or the one being challenged, there are some rules that must be followed. Violating these rules may result in penalties. If you notice anyone violating these rules, please contact the Admin staff.
- The best way to find League matches is to announce in chat that you are looking for a League match so that other members will know you are interested in League-play. You can also directly challenge a specific member in chat.
- Most Leagues permit the use of Formal Challenges. A complete overview of the Formal Challenge system can be found here.
2 time(s) Per Day
- You may play the same member 2 time(s) per day. However, you may play as many different members as you would like on any given day. A "MyLeague" day begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- We recommend you ensure a potential opponent is also a member of the League before starting your match. You can do this very easily by searching for your opponent using the 'Search for Players' tool.
Playing a Match
Once you are ready to start playing a League match, there are some guidelines governing game play that you should keep in mind.
- You are not allowed to report losses to another member that also plays from the same computer as you. Our security software will detect this activity if it is attempted, and participating accounts may be penalized or removed.
- The same rules that apply to behavior in chat (covered in a later section) also apply during matches.
Reporting the Match
Once your match is completed, the loser of the match is responsible for reporting the loss immediately. You can report your matches using the 'Report Loss' button located on the 'Standings' tab. Please note the 'Report Loss' link should only be used for League matches and not for tournament matches; you should consult the TD with any questions regarding reporting tournament matches. If you have any problems reporting a loss, you should contact the Admin staff and request assistance.
Reporting the Loss
- In one-on-one matches, the loser of the match reports the loss to the winner.
- In partner matches, each member of the losing team reports a loss to both partners of the winning team. At the end of the match, you would either gain two wins or report two losses.
- In "free for all" matches (matches in which multiple opponents are competing against each other without partners), each loser of the match must report a loss to one overall winner.
- When playing matches with more than one opponent, it is important for losses to be reported in the proper order if rank will be affected by the order of report. You must report to the better-ranked opponent first in those cases. It is your responsibility to make sure you report in the correct order when necessary. Not doing so may result in penalty.
- If your opponent does not report their loss within one hour after completing the match or prior to starting another match, you should click on the "Contact Admin" link and then use the "Unreported Match" form.
The rules for a Tournament are determined by the Tournament Director hosting the event. You will find a summary of each individual Tournament, including a Rules page, if you follow the link for that specific Tournament.
Please note that the Game Specific Rules take precedent over any conflicting rules.
Rank Gain for a win: 50%
Max Matches per day between same users: 3
Number of Days before winning / losing streak reset: 3
Days of inactivity allowed before a Top 10 Player loses rungs: 2
All efforts should be made to arrange a match using
standard methods such as asking the player directly in the lobby or
emailing the player. Feel free to cc: Admins on all your
correspondence with other players.
Players should agree to the points before starting a
match. In case of a disagreement:
Higher RANK sets
Points: Setter's choice minimum 3 points - maximum 5 Points
Leap Frogging: Clarification of Rule
Players in the Top Five should play the person ranked directly below them at least once every two days. This does NOT mean that you need to wait 2 days before playing. If both players are in the room you should play as often as possible.
If you are found to be avoiding challenges that put your rank at risk you will be penalized.
It is the responsibility of the higher ranked player to ensure that this match is played. If you are having trouble arranging a ladder with that player you should email them with a cc: to the Administrators
If the higher ranked player makes every effort to play the match, while the player directly below them is the one avoiding the match, then the lower ranked player risks the penalty.
Penalty for Leap Frogging: 10 Ladder Rungs
Players within the same household may play ladder matches against each other ONLY if they are playing from two separate computers. However, these matches are restricted to a maximum of 3 matches per week.
Players within the same household may
partner with each other ONLY if they are playing from two separate computers.
Rank Hounding: Clarification of Rule
Players in the Top Ten are expected to be as active after they reach the top ranks as they were before. In other words, if you are playing 8 - 10 games a day to make it to the Top Ten and then drop to 2 - 3 games per day to hold your rank you will be penalized.
Penalty for Rank Hounding: 10 Ladder Rungs
All Host decisions are final during a tournament.
If you do not agree with a host decision, you must accept that decision and then EMAIL the Administrators with details of your grievance for review. There is a "Support" link on the left side of the main page.
Disagreements / Arguments are NOT allowed in the lobby ..
The 3-10-20 Minute Boot Rule is in effect which states you are allowed 3 boots and dq'd on the 4th. No single boot may exceed 10 minutes and a combination of boots may not exceed 20 minutes. Missing or non-reponsive boots are a maximum of 5 minutes, pc issues or booted from the room are a maximum of 10 minutes.
Tournament Match winners post their win in the lobby. The hosts will make all postings to the Tourney Page and subsequently the ladder itself.
The purpose of the League is to climb to the top and the competition for the rungs in the Top Ten is high. As such, we have special rules that apply for members in the Top Ten.
- Members in the Top Ten must play a League match at least once every 2 days; otherwise, you will be automatically dropped five rungs and your inactivity counter is reset. There are no exceptions to this rule.
As a member of MyLeague, you are representing the League, the Admin staff, and all other members when you are participating on a MyLeague. It's part of your responsibility as a member to act in a respectable manner within your League community.
- The rules of common decency should be followed when uploading images to use as avatars. Inappropriate avatars may be removed without warning or notification.
- If you believe your opponent is cheating, then you should contact the Admin staff.
- It is forbidden to abuse or harass another League member.
- It is important to remember that two wrongs do not make a right. If you are being harassed by another League member, contact the Admin staff for assistance. Do not take matters into your own hands or return the abuse, or you could be penalized as well.
Nice Guy Rule
- Please note that behavior guidelines govern all methods of communication. This includes chat, E-mail, message forums, instant messenger services, etc. Treat other members with respect!
Fill in the Blank
Although we have tried to be as detailed as possible, we can't cover every aspect of gaming in our rules. Please be advised that just because something is not stated in our rules and policies, then that does not mean it is allowed. Use common sense. If it is something that will adversely affect other members and you might think twice about it, then it's probably against the rules. The Admin staff will have the final say in such matters. If you have a specific question please feel free to contact us via E-mail.