Euchre (yeuchre)

Message Forum

• New SHG name discussion View
      by tlmomca on December 20, 2020 at 20:33:26 PST

It was suggested that the ladder vote on changing the room name in SHG. We do have a voting booth but that is used to vote on rules changes for the ladder. I think if we get a consensus on what name we want to use in SHG then we could just go from there.

Pinochleman will need to be the one to contact SHG to get that room name changed. I am told he has access to a computer while in the hospital so perhaps we can get this done. Once that is done I can contact Case's to get the link from our main page edited to reflect the new name.

The names I have heard are:

Case's Euchre

and

Case's Euchre Ladder

Does anyone else have any opinions to share on this?

• Re: New SHG name discussion View
        by justplain_oldme on December 21, 2020 at 04:49:02 PST

My vote is for Cases Euchre. We have not been a ladder for many years. The league does show when you do a search with both those names in Google. When doing a search of yeuchre, our league does not come up, so one other option is Cases yeuchre. I am good with either of those, but not the one that says ladder, as that is truly misleading.
      • Re: New SHG name discussion View
          by whapemback_22 on December 21, 2020 at 05:17:40 PST

Cases Euchre seems to make sense to me too.

I think we should try and get a more universal messenger like we used to have with Yahoo messenger. As it stands , we have various ways of contacting each other via email or once inside SH , their limited messenger , which is fine once you are there. Does anyone know of a messenger that would work for us , even if it was simply for use as Cases Euchre ?

• messengers View
            by tlmomca on December 21, 2020 at 10:04:50 PST

There is Trillian (which is very similar to Yahoo Messenger but may cost money to get) and Skype. Eons ago I also used ICQ but I have no clue if it is even still around.

Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
pinochleman41_yeuchre  
League Tips
Did you know you can edit your username? Visit the MyAccount tab to find out what else you can edit on your profile.
LadderBux Redemptions
1 TD Donation (5000)
Sunflower Pendant Charm (60000)
Her Last Summer: A Veronica Lee Thriller (Kindle Edition) (65000)
The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook (Kindle Edition) (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,815,350.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!