Euchre (yeuchre)

Message Forum

• Inactivity and dropping in the standings View
      by tlmomca on February 16, 2021 at 17:54:41 PST

I am looking for some input here from the ladder.

Currently the settings for this ladder are that if you do not play a stats game every day you can be derunged (moved down in the standings). From discussing this with some of you this dates back to the days when this was a very active ladder with many ladder matches played every day.

Right now we are playing tourney games and we do not have many active players. As a result many are moved down in the rankings daily.

I propose that you allow me to get this changed to 3 days instead of 1 day for inactivity to trigger a player dropping in the standings. Please post any thoughts you have on this here.

(This post came as a result of a suggestion made to your Op Team. This action does not require a vote of the ladder but I want some input.)

• Decision View
        by tlmomca on February 25, 2021 at 21:04:07 PST

After considering the opinions of the ladder members and senior staff it was decided that we would not change the ladder settings at this time.

If ladder games become a part of the ladder in the future we can reconsider this. Please use the Contact Us link under Support in the left hand menu to let us know you wish this to be done.

• Re: Inactivity and dropping in the standings View
        by whapemback_22 on February 19, 2021 at 05:53:24 PST

I just want to play euchre I'll do whatever the rest want in this case I'll take a VRR if I need to. beep beeep I'll be trying to pass u again on the next day. beep beep

We are small but hopefully hanging in maybe growing a bit TC Be Safe

by justplain_oldme on February 18, 2021 at 17:02:43 PST

It is my opinion, that to change it would be a good thing.
      An example given to me:
      You play a Saturday night tourney.
      TOC is on Sunday, it is non ladder stats. You play. However you are now inactive due to non ladder stats.
      IF this was a ladder league it would be different. However it is now more of a tourney league. We have been very fortunate to have great TD's that make sure there are tourneys almost daily. That has not always been the case and it really isn't fair to penalize a player when there is not a tourney to play, to stay active. Even a 48 hour gap is better than 24, but if 72 is the norm, that is good, too.

by loly on February 19, 2021 at 05:00:22 PST

: It is my opinion, that to change it would be a good thing.
        : An example given to me:
        : You play a Saturday night tourney.
        : TOC is on Sunday, it is non ladder stats. You play. However you are now inactive due to non ladder stats.
        : IF this was a ladder league it would be different. However it is now more of a tourney league. We have been very fortunate to have great TD's that make sure there are tourneys almost daily. That has not always been the case and it really isn't fair to penalize a player when there is not a tourney to play, to stay active. Even a 48 hour gap is better than 24, but if 72 is the norm, that is good, too.
        :

by loly on February 19, 2021 at 06:21:06 PST

: : It is my opinion, that to change it would be a good thing.
          : : An example given to me:
          : : You play a Saturday night tourney.
          : : TOC is on Sunday, it is non ladder stats. You play. However you are now inactive due to non ladder stats.
          : : IF this was a ladder league it would be different. However it is now more of a tourney league. We have been very fortunate to have great TD's that make sure there are tourneys almost daily. That has not always been the case and it really isn't fair to penalize a player when there is not a tourney to play, to stay active. Even a 48 hour gap is better than 24, but if 72 is the norm, that is good, too.
          : :

Also, you can play a Thursday morning tourney, but if you do not play again until a Friday night tourney, you lose rungs. You are playing every calendar day, but not every 24-hour time frame. I would vote for the 48 or 72-hour change. Most who play now aren't so concerned about having the #1 spot, but new players may be turned off by the 24-hour rule.

• You might bear this in mind ... View
        by tlmomca on February 18, 2021 at 16:15:48 PST

The default for all of our Cases Laders for dropping a person in the standings is 3 days. When I checked the other active ladders they were all at 3 days of inactivity before a person was derunged.

I personally am indifferent about whether this setting is changed. I think there are good arguments on both sides. But you should take all of the information into account when you decide where you stand.

by pinochleman41 on February 18, 2021 at 11:31:33 PST

Personally I believe that changing to 3 days would have an adverse effect. It would let the player holding # 1 to remain there with no incentive to play, as well as reduce the incentive to play for other members.

The current rule makes the ladder more fluid and gives everyone the incentive to play regularly if they wish to rise in the rankings.

Jim

: I am looking for some input here from the ladder.

: Currently the settings for this ladder are that if you do not play a stats game every day you can be derunged (moved down in the standings). From discussing this with some of you this dates back to the days when this was a very active ladder with many ladder matches played every day.

: Right now we are playing tourney games and we do not have many active players. As a result many are moved down in the rankings daily.

: I propose that you allow me to get this changed to 3 days instead of 1 day for inactivity to trigger a player dropping in the standings. Please post any thoughts you have on this here.

: (This post came as a result of a suggestion made to your Op Team. This action does not require a vote of the ladder but I want some input.)

by lshep_ on February 18, 2021 at 15:43:12 PST

I believe that is the whole reason this rule is there. I totally agree.
        by lshep_ on February 17, 2021 at 17:02:34 PST

The rule is there to help the ladder move when you have top 10 players staying away to protect their rank. I believe it was reduced to top 5 , I assume because at one stage we didn't even have 10 active players at the time. The rule serves its purpose, and does promote regular attendance, I don't see a need to change it.
        by whapemback_22 on February 17, 2021 at 16:34:10 PST

sOUNDS LOGICAL.
Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
pinochleman41_yeuchre  
League Tips
Be sure to check out the Tourney Calendar to find out when the next tournament will begin.
LadderBux Redemptions
Family Love Pendant Charm (65000)
Super Mama Charm (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Sunflower Pendant Charm (60000)
Her Last Summer: A Veronica Lee Thriller (Kindle Edition) (65000)

Over $4,815,450.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!