Pinochle (ypinochle)

Message Forum

• Getting a Match View
      by tahuya_eagle on February 20, 2015 at 04:10:30 PST

I feel this needs to posted in the Public Forum for all to understand.

It is common for players to have their favorite partners, but we have to remember, there are other players on the Ladder, and all members have the same right to play.

I have noticed myself, and others have noticed, It is not a written rule, but we must adhere to the FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED unwritten rule.

If a player has been in the playing lounge, for a period of time, you should not come in, create a table and start a game with your favorite players or attempt to get an UP game without giving those waiting a chance to play first.

If it is your desire to play an UP Game, then use the Official Challenge procedure to make the game a priority.

With the rules in place, if you are observed not allowing all a fair chance to play, you may be in violation of the Nice Guy Rule and action will be taken against your Ladder Record.

thanks for you support and giving all the same opportunity to play a match.

• Re: Getting a Match View
        by lasvegasladydi on March 8, 2015 at 20:00:06 PDT

I don't understand this post, looks like its the same handful of people playing anyways, and I agree with Mikey's post. No matter what, the rules read you have the right to choose your partner.....
        by suvtrucker on March 4, 2015 at 17:29:30 PST

: I feel this needs to posted in the Public Forum for all to understand.

: It is common for players to have their favorite partners, but we have to remember, there are other players on the Ladder, and all members have the same right to play.

: I have noticed myself, and others have noticed, It is not a written rule, but we must adhere to the FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED unwritten rule.

: If a player has been in the playing lounge, for a period of time, you should not come in, create a table and start a game with your favorite players or attempt to get an UP game without giving those waiting a chance to play first.

: If it is your desire to play an UP Game, then use the Official Challenge procedure to make the game a priority.

: With the rules in place, if you are observed not allowing all a fair chance to play, you may be in violation of the Nice Guy Rule and action will be taken against your Ladder Record.

: thanks for you support and giving all the same opportunity to play a match.

While we are on the subject of being nice...how about using a "BRB" when you spill something or have to answer the door? Is it NICE to leave three players wondering what's going on with you while you are froze for three or more minutes? What goes around...comes around! Play like everyone else and nobody would avoid you!

by suvtrucker on March 4, 2015 at 17:24:20 PST

: It is common for players to have their favorite partners, but we have to remember, there are other players on the Ladder, and all members have the same right to play.

: I have noticed myself, and others have noticed, It is not a written rule, but we must adhere to the FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED unwritten rule.

: If a player has been in the playing lounge, for a period of time, you should not come in, create a table and start a game with your favorite players or attempt to get an UP game without giving those waiting a chance to play first.

: If it is your desire to play an UP Game, then use the Official Challenge procedure to make the game a priority.

: With the rules in place, if you are observed not allowing all a fair chance to play, you may be in violation of the Nice Guy Rule and action will be taken against your Ladder Record.

by mikeym1010 on March 1, 2015 at 15:01:07 PST

I have to totally disagree with this whole post. If I am #1 and I go in to play #2, that is what I am going to do. And I have my choice of partners as does #2. It doesn't matter that there is someone in the lobby when we go in.

Mike

by knucklehead_56 on February 22, 2015 at 06:55:25 PST

don't fall asleep or read the paper while waiting to start next game,, when you leave your messenger off and dont watch lobby when we yell to wake people up,, i will only wait so long,, yesterday there was 8 people in lobby and no one took last seat for 5 minutes.
          by knucklehead_56 on February 22, 2015 at 06:57:24 PST

: don't fall asleep or read the paper while waiting to start next game,, when you leave your messenger off and dont watch lobby when we yell to wake people up,, i will only wait so long,, yesterday there was 8 people in lobby and no one took last seat for 5 minutes.that was for 1 game, never did get 2nd tbl with 4 left.

Tournament Time EDT
Gaming Safari
Now playing at Gaming Safari
League Admins
pinochleman41_ypinochle  
League Tips
You can earn 6 times the LadderBux on up to 10 Leagues if you are a Diamond Member.
LadderBux Redemptions
1 TD Donation (5000)
MyLeague Bumper Sticker (20000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Linked Hearts Charm (65000)

Over $4,815,150.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!