Mountain Euchre
Message Forum

• Suggestions? Send them to us. View
      by dsch1_osh on February 14, 2012 at 09:28:54 PST

lets look at at the stats:

In the last 30 days you have 41 active members.

In the last 60 days you have gained 10 members active for a total of 51.

In the last 90 days you have active another 10 for a total of 61

We can go down further but I think you get my drift. Total membership on this league is 102 members

This calculates the 40% of the 102 members have played in the last month.

Suggestions:

1) Move to an advance room.
    2) HD Admin be more active in this league and run a tourney every few days rather than promoting a cruise.
    3) Transfer HD admin to another current admin who can devote time to achieve resurrection.
    4)Consider merge
    4)

• Suggestions? Send them to us. View
        by california_dreamer_chris on March 22, 2012 at 00:38:33 PDT

I came here to check out this league, and its deader than a door nail here. Anyone that has been here for a while knows who I am. Hell I have probably gotten into a scuffle with a few of you left. I started playing in this league back in 02 and stopped all together in 05. Now I am a younger fellow, 29 now, but as I said I was 19 when I started playing here. Now for my post.

Its not just this league that is suffering. Its all internet brand gaming. 10 Years ago when this league was HUGE, Yahoo was the destination people could go and play and socialize. Now notice all leagues, expecially Euchre. They are all fading with the exception of a few. Why? Because of sites like Facebook, and apps that you can download on your phone. They made a simple concept like Yahoo, even simpler.

Now I have noticed this in many different games. I am now retired "medical" so I play alot of games, and have been for a few years, and I have watched the transition of games have thousands of active players at any given time to having none. A great example if I may, is a basketball MMO I played called courtrivals. Back in 2008 there were thousands of active people, now there is barely even 10 on.

Without being able to get a influx of new people on a constant basis, the game is doomed to fail. Yahoo has failed in that aspect. Yahoo games were at one point riddled with spambots. Cases, fails to advertise what they are, and outside of game lobbies, people are oblivious to it.

I am truly saddened to say, but what you see here, is more than likely going to be the best this league will get in the future. Yahoo is to outdated, Euchre is a dying game, Social Media "Facebook" is taking away the casual user.

@Dsch1
      All of those suggestions would help keep it around for a while longer, but unless Yahoo and Cases fixes themselves, you're just postponing the enevatable. When I left cases, I left with many of folks. I can't remember why I left, or if I was banned or what ever, but I left with alot of people. You know how many people I still play euchre with now? 0. None. They all have disappeared from the face of Yahoo.

Gloop, I had many fun times in this league, "it helped cause my divorce in my first marriage :) " and I wish you the best, and no matter the future of the league, you still brought fun to thousands of people and that is all that mattered.

• Re: Suggestions? Send them to us. View
          by _gloop on March 29, 2012 at 08:54:04 PDT

Glad you finally have come to the same realization we have known for a few years. We struggle and then get very frustrated with the way things are. We have tried all the things people have suggested. They work for a while and then fizzle again.

We are doing the best we can to keep the league afloat. I think having Thursday nights as as regular entity will help remind people we are still kicking and willing to get together.

It would be much easier to close the league but we choose to make sure a homebase is there for those who want it.

Everyone should do their part for our survival and come play at least this one night. Facebook will still be there tomorrow.

Sincerely,
        Gloopy

: I came here to check out this league, and its deader than a door nail here. Anyone that has been here for a while knows who I am. Hell I have probably gotten into a scuffle with a few of you left. I started playing in this league back in 02 and stopped all together in 05. Now I am a younger fellow, 29 now, but as I said I was 19 when I started playing here. Now for my post.

: Its not just this league that is suffering. Its all internet brand gaming. 10 Years ago when this league was HUGE, Yahoo was the destination people could go and play and socialize. Now notice all leagues, expecially Euchre. They are all fading with the exception of a few. Why? Because of sites like Facebook, and apps that you can download on your phone. They made a simple concept like Yahoo, even simpler.

: Now I have noticed this in many different games. I am now retired "medical" so I play alot of games, and have been for a few years, and I have watched the transition of games have thousands of active players at any given time to having none. A great example if I may, is a basketball MMO I played called courtrivals. Back in 2008 there were thousands of active people, now there is barely even 10 on.

: Without being able to get a influx of new people on a constant basis, the game is doomed to fail. Yahoo has failed in that aspect. Yahoo games were at one point riddled with spambots. Cases, fails to advertise what they are, and outside of game lobbies, people are oblivious to it.

: I am truly saddened to say, but what you see here, is more than likely going to be the best this league will get in the future. Yahoo is to outdated, Euchre is a dying game, Social Media "Facebook" is taking away the casual user.

: @Dsch1
        : All of those suggestions would help keep it around for a while longer, but unless Yahoo and Cases fixes themselves, you're just postponing the enevatable. When I left cases, I left with many of folks. I can't remember why I left, or if I was banned or what ever, but I left with alot of people. You know how many people I still play euchre with now? 0. None. They all have disappeared from the face of Yahoo.

: Gloop, I had many fun times in this league, "it helped cause my divorce in my first marriage :) " and I wish you the best, and no matter the future of the league, you still brought fun to thousands of people and that is all that mattered.

by _gloop on February 14, 2012 at 21:02:19 PST

First I was not going to respond to you. You really aren't worth it. But then I decided, what the heck.

Move the league to another room again? Really? You think that is the solution? Again? Move? No....it is hard enough for us to find the time to get together now...wanna play hide and seek too?????

Yes, the league is not overly active. Maybe that is my fault. It breaks my heart I am not able to find a way to get this league more active. Yes, I feel like a failure sometimes. Maybe I had to be here every day, day in and out and hold your hand. But regretfully I got new responsibilities in my life and interests outside this league. I will not apologize for wanting to keep my marriage intact and gather up funds for retirement while I am physically still able to.

Other people have worked their a$$es off to keep this league running. You insult them by saying I had to be here for this league

You criticize me for promoting and running a cruise that had brought joy to 100's of people over the years? People who without my HARD WORK would probably never get an opportunity to do the traveling I have offered without my incentive and payment plans?

It has not taken my time away from the league. Life has taken me away from the league. I cannot play or host euchre on a cell phone. I can arrange and advertise the cruise through my phone.

As for stepping down, if there was a responsible admin who came to me and asked to take over, I would consider it. My name has been linked with this league for over 12 years Dan. I have dedicated almost a fifth of my life to this league.

Yes..I have not been very professional in my response to this forum post. I will probably regret it tomorrow but I have to admit, it feels really good to finally tell you to to kma.

_gloop

: lets look at at the stats:

: In the last 30 days you have 41 active members.

: In the last 60 days you have gained 10 members active for a total of 51.

: In the last 90 days you have active another 10 for a total of 61

: We can go down further but I think you get my drift. Total membership on this league is 102 members

: This calculates the 40% of the 102 members have played in the last month.

: Suggestions:

: 1) Move to an advance room.
      : 2) HD Admin be more active in this league and run a tourney every few days rather than promoting a cruise.
      : 3) Transfer HD admin to another current admin who can devote time to achieve resurrection.
      : 4)Consider merge
      : 4)

by dsch1_osh on February 17, 2012 at 13:02:04 PST

Thank you for responding to my suggestions you requested.

I will elaborate on the 4 suggestions further as somehow you took them the wrong way.

1) Move to an advance room. - Players work on not just their mttn stats but also their yahoo stats that are not shown in social.
        : : 2) HD Admin be more active in this league and run a tourney every few days rather than promoting a cruise.- Sorry you do not have a laptop or desktop at your disposal.
        : : 3) Transfer HD admin to another current admin who can devote time to achieve resurrection.- Glad you are responsive if, like you said" if a responsible admin would ask", but then again why would you have an irresponsible admin??
        : : 4)Consider merge- As you are aware of the myleague rules a league has to have a certain amount of active members to block another myleague from setting up in Soc 2 and then deal tith that while Mtn is " Resting", according to you.

Now I will respond to your side comments:

1) Never did I Backlash on my suggestions, all the hard work Staff, Admin, HdTd's or td's on all the work they have done, nor myself for that matter,,,,guess use and abuse is your way.
        2) Sorry to hear that you have problem with your marriage, hope works out.

: First I was not going to respond to you. You really aren't worth it. But then I decided, what the heck.

: Move the league to another room again? Really? You think that is the solution? Again? Move? No....it is hard enough for us to find the time to get together now...wanna play hide and seek too?????

: Yes, the league is not overly active. Maybe that is my fault. It breaks my heart I am not able to find a way to get this league more active. Yes, I feel like a failure sometimes. Maybe I had to be here every day, day in and out and hold your hand. But regretfully I got new responsibilities in my life and interests outside this league. I will not apologize for wanting to keep my marriage intact and gather up funds for retirement while I am physically still able to.

: Other people have worked their a$$es off to keep this league running. You insult them by saying I had to be here for this league

: You criticize me for promoting and running a cruise that had brought joy to 100's of people over the years? People who without my HARD WORK would probably never get an opportunity to do the traveling I have offered without my incentive and payment plans?

: It has not taken my time away from the league. Life has taken me away from the league. I cannot play or host euchre on a cell phone. I can arrange and advertise the cruise through my phone.

: As for stepping down, if there was a responsible admin who came to me and asked to take over, I would consider it. My name has been linked with this league for over 12 years Dan. I have dedicated almost a fifth of my life to this league.

: Yes..I have not been very professional in my response to this forum post. I will probably regret it tomorrow but I have to admit, it feels really good to finally tell you to to kma.

: _gloop

:
        : : lets look at at the stats:

: : In the last 30 days you have 41 active members.

: : In the last 60 days you have gained 10 members active for a total of 51.

: : In the last 90 days you have active another 10 for a total of 61

:
        : : We can go down further but I think you get my drift. Total membership on this league is 102 members

: : This calculates the 40% of the 102 members have played in the last month.

: : Suggestions:

: : 1) Move to an advance room.
        : : 2) HD Admin be more active in this league and run a tourney every few days rather than promoting a cruise.
        : : 3) Transfer HD admin to another current admin who can devote time to achieve resurrection.
        : : 4)Consider merge
        : : 4)

by _gloop on February 20, 2012 at 10:00:46 PST

I knew better. I knew I shouldn't respond to you. I brought myself down to your level. shame on me.

I will not justify my time or decisions to you.

_gloop

:
          : Thank you for responding to my suggestions you requested.

: I will elaborate on the 4 suggestions further as somehow you took them the wrong way.

: 1) Move to an advance room. - Players work on not just their mttn stats but also their yahoo stats that are not shown in social.
          : : : 2) HD Admin be more active in this league and run a tourney every few days rather than promoting a cruise.- Sorry you do not have a laptop or desktop at your disposal.
          : : : 3) Transfer HD admin to another current admin who can devote time to achieve resurrection.- Glad you are responsive if, like you said" if a responsible admin would ask", but then again why would you have an irresponsible admin??
          : : : 4)Consider merge- As you are aware of the myleague rules a league has to have a certain amount of active members to block another myleague from setting up in Soc 2 and then deal tith that while Mtn is " Resting", according to you.

: Now I will respond to your side comments:

:
          : 1) Never did I Backlash on my suggestions, all the hard work Staff, Admin, HdTd's or td's on all the work they have done, nor myself for that matter,,,,guess use and abuse is your way.
          : 2) Sorry to hear that you have problem with your marriage, hope works out.

:
          : : First I was not going to respond to you. You really aren't worth it. But then I decided, what the heck.

: : Move the league to another room again? Really? You think that is the solution? Again? Move? No....it is hard enough for us to find the time to get together now...wanna play hide and seek too?????

: : Yes, the league is not overly active. Maybe that is my fault. It breaks my heart I am not able to find a way to get this league more active. Yes, I feel like a failure sometimes. Maybe I had to be here every day, day in and out and hold your hand. But regretfully I got new responsibilities in my life and interests outside this league. I will not apologize for wanting to keep my marriage intact and gather up funds for retirement while I am physically still able to.

: : Other people have worked their a$$es off to keep this league running. You insult them by saying I had to be here for this league

: : You criticize me for promoting and running a cruise that had brought joy to 100's of people over the years? People who without my HARD WORK would probably never get an opportunity to do the traveling I have offered without my incentive and payment plans?

: : It has not taken my time away from the league. Life has taken me away from the league. I cannot play or host euchre on a cell phone. I can arrange and advertise the cruise through my phone.

: : As for stepping down, if there was a responsible admin who came to me and asked to take over, I would consider it. My name has been linked with this league for over 12 years Dan. I have dedicated almost a fifth of my life to this league.

: : Yes..I have not been very professional in my response to this forum post. I will probably regret it tomorrow but I have to admit, it feels really good to finally tell you to to kma.

: : _gloop

: :
          : : : lets look at at the stats:

: : : In the last 30 days you have 41 active members.

: : : In the last 60 days you have gained 10 members active for a total of 51.

: : : In the last 90 days you have active another 10 for a total of 61

: :
          : : : We can go down further but I think you get my drift. Total membership on this league is 102 members

: : : This calculates the 40% of the 102 members have played in the last month.

: : : Suggestions:

: : : 1) Move to an advance room.
          : : : 2) HD Admin be more active in this league and run a tourney every few days rather than promoting a cruise.
          : : : 3) Transfer HD admin to another current admin who can devote time to achieve resurrection.
          : : : 4)Consider merge
          : : : 4)

Tournament Time EDT
Case's Arcade
Now playing at Case's Arcade
League Admins
ziasmum (Head Admin)
farmgirlhere  
fluffycat45us  
goofysucker@ymail.com  
Linnie_Lou_honorary  
pattie1005_honorary  
_gloop  
League Tips
Your password, especially Admin passwords should never be shared with anyone.
LadderBux Redemptions
Yoga Cat Charm (65000)
Grandma Heart Charm (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Savory Muffin Recipes (Kindle Edition) (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,813,300.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!