Loon
Message Forum

• OK 2ND EDITION OF BUGSY SPEAKS OUT View
      by Bugsy8150 on January 11, 2008 at 08:55:15 PST

I have to tell you that I really cannot believe that I have to post messages like this but here it goes AGAIN.

CUBING: Cubing is part of backgammon. I am really tired of the complaints and comments that I am hearing about players using the cube.

Read the rules of each Loon Tournament....

Cubing is ALLOWED and ENCOURAGED.

At the Hoyle games that cube can be your friend or your enemy. I personally will use the cube to end a game that I know I have won and that there is no chance for me to get a GAMMON.

I also have used the cube only to have it backfire on me and lose the game or even the match on a game I thought for sure I could win.

It is a players right to use the cube. It is not a players right if cube is offered to complain that the cube is used (unless like me you do it in fun like saying "Dagnabit" and refuse) no matter at which point the cube is offered, It IS a players right to REFUSE the cube. It is also NOT a players right to stall a match because they are ticked off that the cube was offered.

I have had a player offer cube on the second play of a game only to have that player lose that game to me. SO YOU KNOW WHAT ........

DEAL WITH IT as a good sport. I will say it again if you cannot act like adults and enjoy the game and the company of Loon members then rethink your membership on Loon.

I am really tired of all the complaining about the CUBE issue. So lets END IT TODAY.

Bugsy

• Re: OK 2ND EDITION OF BUGSY SPEAKS OUT View
        by msgrumpy6 on January 11, 2008 at 09:36:45 PST

ok, lol I haven't ever posted a follow up so I am not even sure if I am doing this right but I am going to try anyway.
      Amen! Bugsy, The actions toward the cube are getting very frustrating. I can not believe that people are whinning over someone cubing them. This is part of the game of BG and I believe that everyone knows this. There are times when a match does need to be sped up and this is an easy way to do this. Not all players play at the same rate and sometimes matches seem to take entirely too long. The cube is a way to rememdy this. I personally know that there have been times that I have signed up for a T knowing that I only had so much time available to play for some reason and the matches leading up to mine have taken a long time and I find myself pushing for time. Instead of just resigning the match I will cube to speed up the game. There is nothing wrong with the cube even though sometimes we may not like it. I say we need to get over it and not make negitive comments to our oppontant for offering the cube, just except it or decline it! I really don't understand all of the issues that are happening here. I think we need to GROW UP and just play the game and have fun. Winning is not that important after all what are you gaining when you win? A few make believe bucks? Geez.

• Re: OK 2ND EDITION OF BUGSY SPEAKS OUT View
          by dopeyest1 on January 11, 2008 at 19:49:44 PST

I agree - the cube can be a very strategic part of a good game. I can't see why anyone would complain about another player using it. With the wonderful dice program we play with why would you want to have a game as much as won only to have a player throw 3 or 4 sets of dubs at you and come back and win? (ummm - I think we have all seen this happen LOL) And yes it does speed up a match at times too so don't be afraid of it or be upset if someone uses against you. It's part of the game. (besides bugster - how else am I going to beat you - grrrr)

Tournament Time EDT
Safe Harbor Games
Now playing at Safe Harbor Games
League Admins
Bugsy18150 (Head Admin)  
Cayse2  
Snapeswench  
League Tips
If you know of some fun house rules for a game, try asking a TD to use them for a tournament.
LadderBux Redemptions
Family Love Pendant Charm (65000)
Super Mama Charm (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Sunflower Pendant Charm (60000)
Her Last Summer: A Veronica Lee Thriller (Kindle Edition) (65000)

Over $4,815,450.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!