Puttys Haven of Wizards
Message Forum

• MEMORIAL DAY THOUGHTS View
      by PuttyHead on May 29, 2006 at 09:16:19 PDT

I WOULD LIKE AT THIS TIME TO THANK ALL THE BRAVE MILTIARY MEN AND WOMEN WHOM HAVE GIVEN THERE LIVES SO THAT I/WE MAY HAVE THE FREEDOM WE HOLD SO TRUE TODAY.

PLEASE EVERYONE AS YOUR GATHER AROUND FAMILY AND FRIENDS TODAY, TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO AND REMEMBER WHAT TODAY MEANS AND WHY YOUR FREE TO DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT. THIS NOT ONLY GOES
    FOR EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES, BUT FOR EVERY FREE COUNTRY IN THIS WORLD TODAY.

I HAVE ASKED SAMEO IF SHE COULD PUT A PICTURE ON OUR MAIN PAGE TODAY THAT I HAVE GOTTEN THRU A E-MAIL SENT TO ME. IT HAD OTHER PICTURES AND STORIES THAT WENT WITH EACH ONE. HERE IS THE STORY THAT WENT ALONG WITH THE PICTURE THAT'S ON OUR MAIN PAGE TODAY.

( THANKS SAMEO )

From Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News:

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."

I WISH WE HAD MORE ROOM FOR 1 MORE BECAUSE OF THE STORY THAT WENT WITH THE PICTURE.

NOT MANY GET THE CHANCE TO SEE OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN TODAY GETTING OFF THE BUSES HERE AT CAMP LEJEUNE AFTER BEING IN IRAQ FOR THE PAST 6 TO 9 MONTHS AND BEING WELCOMED BY THERE
    WIVES, KIDS, MOM'S, DAD'S AND FRIENDS. ITS A SITE I CANNOT EVER FORGET.

WHATS EVEN WORSE IS BEFORE THE MARINES ARE GIVEN THE WORD THERE FREE TO GO, THE BATTALION COMMANDER ASK THAT ALL REMAIN SILENT, THE BATTALION CHAPIN LEADS ALL IN PRAY FOR THOSE
    MARINES THAT DID NOT MAKE THE TRIP BACK WITH THERE FELLOW MARINES. I CANNOT GET THAT PICTURE OUT OF MY MIND SEEING SO MANY TEARS FLOWING FOR THERE FELLOW MARINES THAT DID NOT MAKE IT.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO DO THIS. WHEN EVER YOU GET THE CHANCE AND YOU SEE SOMEONE IN A MILTIARY UNIFORM OR EVEN A RETIRED VETERAN, WALK UP TO HIM/HER AND SHAKE THERE HAND AND
    SAY THESE 2 EASY WORDS TO THEM. "THANK YOU" THEY EARNED IT. YOU WILL ONLY MAKE THAT PERSON FEEL PROUD, BUT YOU WILL ALSO WHEN DOING IT.

PUTTY/GARY

• Re: MEMORIAL DAY THOUGHTS View
        by CrispyJoyce on May 29, 2006 at 11:28:15 PDT

VERY NICE WRITE UP PUTTY. YES I GOT THAT SAME EMAIL. I CAN IMAGINE THE FOLLOWING OF TEARS AT THEM GOING LEAVING & COMING HOME. VERY SAD TIMES.THAT WOULD BE HARD TO FORGET. I DON'T KNOW ANY MARINES, BUT AM A MEMBER OF THE LEGION, SO I DO KNOW LOTS OF MILITARY PEOPLE, AND NEXT TIME I SEE THEM I WILL SAY THANKYOU TO THEM. EVERYONE DOES A SUPER JOB OF PROTECTING OUR COUNTRIES. JUST WISH THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO BE AWAY FROM HOME SO MUCH.
Tournament Time EDT
Hardwood
Now playing at Hardwood
League Admins
carpfisher (Head Admin)  
SameoSameo1  
PuttyHead (puttyhead)  
lisabsunny  
winksatu2  
angel45  
DEMONICANGEL40  
League Tips
You can manage your League Newsletter subscriptions and Tournament Bux Summaries from the MyAccount tab.
LadderBux Redemptions
Tree of Life Pendant (120000)
Winged Friend Heart Charm (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
Silver Royal Flush Charm (65000)

Over $4,812,050.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!