Puttys Haven of Wizards
Message Forum

• KOH View
      by comanchegal on September 4, 2012 at 15:38:53 PDT

It is my opinion that the KOH should revert back to a 50limb on the ladder as it once was, rather than the current 100limb that Flirty proposed for the Haven. As it is now, the ladder is pretty meaningless in that #1 is attained by winning just one tourney instead of an accumulation of people beaten and tourneys won. It takes away the incentive to try to get to the top knowing that if you do, you'll probably lose rungs by just losing the next KOH, regardless of how you do in other tourneys.
    • KOH View
        by comanchegal on September 18, 2012 at 10:24:50 PDT

It is my opinion that the KOH should revert back to a 50limb on the ladder as it once was, rather than the current 100limb that Flirty proposed for the Haven. As it is now, the ladder is pretty meaningless in that #1 is attained by winning just one tourney instead of an accumulation of people beaten and tourneys won. It takes away the incentive to try to get to the top knowing that if you do, you'll probably lose rungs by just losing the next KOH, regardless of how you do in other tourneys.

• KOH When was it put up for a vote, cj? I never saw that. View
          by comanchegal on September 18, 2012 at 10:25:38 PDT

• KOH View
        by CrispyJoyce on September 17, 2012 at 21:51:27 PDT

I agree with you Comanchegal. I think it is unfair also. The rest of us are there all the time, and Jim it was put to a vote in the lobby, but, not enough people spoke up to say NO or YES. All I seen was part of the conversation after I came down off the table from a game. Just because they do things that way in another room, is no reason to change the way that we did it. As you said Jim
    • re: KOH View
        by jim6577 on September 7, 2012 at 11:10:05 PDT

I totally agree with you 100ommanchegal. I never understood how getting to Number One can be dependant on winning ONE tournament. For me personally it is difficult to play in this time slot on Sunday as I spend Sunday dinner time with my family. Therefore I know if I would ever attain top status late in any week it will last only as long as Sunday. I would not be there to defend my position.

In years past I saw various polls taken in the Haven wherein everyone voted on their preferences. I thought that was a great idea in being able to give the members what they wanted. However, there was no poll on this. It was done because ONE person, who rarely plays in this site, wanted it.

• KOH View
        by comanchegal on September 4, 2012 at 15:42:21 PDT

It is my opinion that the KOH should revert back to a 50 percent climb on the ladder as it once was, rather than the current 100 percent climb that Flirty proposed for the Haven. As it is now, the ladder is pretty meaningless in that #1 is attained by winning just one tourney instead of an accumulation of people beaten and tourneys won. It takes away the incentive to try to get to the top knowing that if you do, you'll probably lose rungs by just losing the next KOH, regardless of how you do in other tourneys.

Tournament Time EDT
Hardwood
Now playing at Hardwood
League Admins
carpfisher (Head Admin)  
SameoSameo1  
PuttyHead (puttyhead)  
lisabsunny  
winksatu2  
angel45  
DEMONICANGEL40  
League Tips
If you know of some fun house rules for a game, try asking a TD to use them for a tournament.
LadderBux Redemptions
6-in-1 Multi Tool Pen Kit (550000)
Tree of Life Pendant (120000)
Winged Friend Heart Charm (65000)
1 TD Donation (5000)
1 TD Donation (5000)

Over $4,812,100.00 worth of prizes awarded so far!
Click here to view available prizes!
Tournament Director
Interested in becoming a tournament director for the League? Click here for the application and more information!